Monday, December 7, 2009

Annual Cookie Party Part 1

This year I will be attending my cousin's annual cookie party and I need to bring 10 dozen, yes 120 HOMEBAKED cookies. I, however, have a 5 year old and a 9 month old plus live 2 hours from my cousin, so in considering my cookie choice I thought what is the easiest, yummiest cookie I can come up with?

My favorite cookie (probably favorite dessert) of all time is just a simple old chocolate chip with nuts and the best recipe I have found is the Toll House recipe. To pep it up a bit for the party I will add some orange zest and probably eliminate the nuts just in case of nut allergies and it is more cost effective because of the quantity of cookies. I just think chocolate and orange make a great combination.

Top chocolate & orange finds so far:

1. Newman's Own Organics Orange Chocolate Chip Cookie
2. Pepperidge Farm Orange Milano
3. Lindt Bar Intense Orange Dark Chocolate

Anyway, I will be making the dough (with my
hot pink mixer) ahead of time and freezing in logs so I can just slice and bake when the time comes. Let the baking begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.