Friday, December 11, 2009

For Mom

One reason for my baking persistence is my grandmother. We all called her Mom (long story). She has been gone almost 3 years now and she is still sorely missed, especially around the holidays. My grandmother loved to feed people and she loved to bake! The holidays were her favorite time, she cooked constantly.

She worked in the fields here in Miami in our so-called winter. Because of her, I discovered my love of sun-ripened tomatoes and strawberries. I can still see her picking up the largest tomato she could find and saying " this would make a great tomato sandwich!"

Needless to say when I bake I feel closer to her. So I will probably mention her quite often.




1 comment:

  1. This made me cry; she would be so, so proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.