Monday, December 14, 2009

The Year of the Sweet Potato Casserole

Thanksgiving and Christmas are not complete without Mom's (grandmother) sweet potato casserole, it was my favorite item on her dinner table no matter the holiday. Since she is not here I make it every year for both holidays. My husband requested it for a Thanksgiving work party and it was such a hit that it was requested again for Christmas. I also had a request by a friend who has had it previous years. I thought I was totally over this dish until I smelled it baking once again and I just had to dive in. There were numerous recipe request on Thanksgiving but I made everyone wait till after the Christmas party, so here it is.

Mom's Sweet Potato Casserole

-3 cups cooked mashed sweet potato
-half cup of sugar
-half cup of milk
-2 eggs beaten
-6 tbsp butter (soft)
-1 tsp vanilla
-half tsp salt
Pre-heat oven 350. Mix well and place in casserole dish.

Topping (best part)
-1 cup chopped pecans
-1 cup lite brown sugar
-half cup coconut
-third cup flour
-third cup melted butter
Mix and spread evenly on sweet potato mixture. Bake for 40 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.