Sunday, December 27, 2009

Pecan Pick-ups (aka Tassies)



This time of year nostalgia is in full gear! This year I have been trying to recreate childhood memories in order to develop new tradition for my new family. One fond memory is pecan pick-ups (which is what my grandmother called them) she used to spend many nights with her neighbor, Gladys, making them. Every member of the family would take home boat loads of them, so much so that I would be sick of them until the next year rolled along.

Anyway, I decided to try my hand at them and they turned out pretty decent if I say so myself. They were pretty easy to prepare, my only issue was I had ONE muffin pan (bad bad idea). I found the recipe online (unfortunately I don't have my grandmothers) and it wasn't the best, so I wont be posting it.


My meager work space. Notice the empty chair for my little assistant who, by the way, was absent most of the time.





Note to self: need more muffin pans!


2 comments:

  1. Ooo these look like little mini pecan pies!! I LOVE PECAN PIE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you get the hot pink stand mixer? i've been looking everywhere for one!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.