Monday, December 21, 2009

Annual Cookie Party Part 4

Well the cookie party is over. The cookies were a hit with my family and the orange zest just adds a nice change to an easy tasty recipe. I would definitely recommend it! The baking process went easier than I thought. It just took me a couple of hours in the afternoon and all I had to do was rotate the pans in the oven and I was still able to spend time with my daughters. The hardest part was keeping a 10 month old away from an open oven door no matter how far she was she would make a beeline to it the second it opened!

I really built it up to be more than it was, but lately it so hard to accomplish things with the baby and I feel bad when my 5 year old has to fend for herself, so I'm just torn. My saving grace was making the dough ahead of time and freezing it, then all I did was slice and bake, I didn't even defrost. I thought they were easier to slice when frozen and by the time they went into the oven they had defrosted. Actually I still have tons left over and I hear it calling me now, wonder if the neighbors would care for some fresh baked cookies?













1 comment:

  1. Get rid of that cookie dough, or you will use up your daily points in 2 cookies. 2 because i know you cant have just one.
    Love ya
    Mother dearest.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.